NSW Rural Doctors Network Rural Health Pro platform
Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to the Rural Health Pro platform (the Platform).
The Platform is made available by NSW Rural Doctors Network Ltd (ABN 52 081 388 810) (referred to as RDN, we, us, or our). The Platform is intended to provide healthcare professionals and other organisations that care about keeping rural communities healthy with a network to connect and share experiences and expertise. RDN aims to utilise the Platform to offer information about training opportunities, financial assistance, events, careers, mentoring and other relevant information.
Use of the Platform is subject always to these Terms and Conditions of Use (Conditions). By accessing and participating in the Platform you agree to comply with and be bound by these Conditions. If you do not agree or fail to comply with these Conditions, you must not access, view or use the Platform.
The Platform is provided for users in Australia. Users who access the Platform from outside Australia do so at their own risk and subject always to these Conditions.
PART A - USE OF THE PLATFORM
1. Accessing the Platform
1.1. To access the Platform you must create an account, using the registration process at ruralhealthpro.org You must provide us with accurate information about yourself, including your name, contact information, qualifications and your area of practice.
1.3. To be eligible to open an account you must:
- if you are an individual, be 18 years of age or older;
- be a healthcare professional or have an interest in rural healthcare in Australia;
- not be suspended or restricted from using the Platform;
- not be using the Platform for purposes other than your own personal and professional networking development unless given express permission;
- only maintain one user account at any given time unless given express permission;
- use your real name and only provide accurate information to us in relation to the Platform;
- not, in your use of the Platform, violate any rights of RDN or any third party, including intellectual property rights; and
- provide at your own cost all equipment, software, mobile access, and internet access necessary to use the Platform.
1.4. We reserve the right to verify the information that you provide when you register with us, and to remove from the Platform users who have provided false information or who do not meet, or cease to meet, the eligibility requirements.
1.5. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and are responsible for all activities that occur thereunder. You must immediately contact us if you become aware that another person has used your user name or password.
2. Acceptable use
2.1. When using the Platform, you must:
- comply with all applicable laws;
- review and comply with any notices sent to you by us about use of the Platform;
- use the Platform in a professional and courteous manner;
- comply with any provisions set out in these Conditions.
2.2. When using the Platform, you must not:
- use the Platform to promote commercial interests unless you are a partner organisation. Further detail of this obligation is set out under section 12.3;
- use the Platform for recruitment unless given permission to do so;
- act or engage in any dishonest or unprofessional behaviour;
- post or upload unlawful, defamatory, offensive, inappropriate, inaccurate or objectionable content;
- harass, stalk, abuse, threaten or harm another person;
- use or attempt to use another user's account;
- create a false profile;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or other attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide the Platform;
- submit content to the Platform that violates the law, infringes anyone's intellectual property rights, violates anyone's privacy, or breaches agreements you may have with us or any third party;
- collect, use, copy, or transfer any information, including but not limited to, personal information obtained from the Platform except as expressly permitted in these Conditions or the owner of such information may expressly permit;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about other Platform users;
- disable, avoid or circumvent any security or access restrictions of the Platform;
- do anything that could disable, disrupt, interfere with, impair or overburden the proper working of the Platform or the infrastructure on which it operates, including but not limited to, sending unsolicited communications to other Platform users;
- transmitting or activating malicious computer code (such as computer viruses, corrupted files and spyware) through or on the Platform; and
- use the Platform other than for the purposes permitted by us under these Conditions.
2.3. If your use of the Platform fails to comply with the Conditions, we may moderate or suspend your use of the Platform in accordance with sections 4 and 12 of these Conditions.
2.4. We reserve the right, but are under no obligation, to take down any content or information that is posted in breach of these Conditions or that we otherwise deem (in its sole discretion) to be inappropriate content for the Platform.
3. Ownership of content
3.1. We are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts. Content posted by users express the personal views of the respective authors only.
3.2. Between you and us, you remain solely responsible for content you upload and submit to the Platform. Any content or information you submit to us is at your own risk of loss and we do not commit to maintain any copy or back up of that information.
3.3 . You must ensure that you have all relevant rights and authorisations to make available any content that you post to the Platform.
3.4. You own all of the content and information you submit on the Platform. You may request that content and information that you submit be deleted from the Platform at any time, and we will use our reasonable efforts to remove it. We may be unable to delete content that has been shared with other Platform users, or that has been copied or stored by other Platform users.
3.5. You grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use any content and information that you provide directly or indirectly to us via the Platform for our internal business purposes, for research or development activities or for other purposes for the benefit of RDN. This license allows us to copy, publish, and analyse content you submit to the Platform. RDN will not sell your data or use it to advertise goods or services to you.
4 User-to-user communications
4.1. Opinions, beliefs and ideas you post and information you share on the Platform may be seen and used by us or by other Platform users. We cannot guarantee how that information will be used or shared by other users. You should not post or share information that:
4.2. you wish to keep confidential (such as personal information)
4.3. you do not want other users to use;
4.4. is subject to third party rights that may be infringed by your sharing it; and/or
4.5. is personal information about third party individuals who have not authorised the collection or use of their personal information for the purpose of posting on the Platform.
4.6. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANOTHER’S USE, MISUSE OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU POST ON THE PLATFORM.
5. The moderation process
5.1. Administrators and moderators that we appoint will have oversight of uploads, content and behaviour on the Platform. You agree that the administrators and moderators have the sole discretion to remove, edit, move or close any post / topic without notice at any time.
5.2. Your content may be removed after it is published if Platform administrators or moderators are notified that the content is not in compliance with the Conditions.
5.3. Warnings will be issued to Platform users who are in breach of these Conditions. Depending on the severity of the breach and number of warnings issued, RDN may, at its sole discretion:
5.4. prevent the user from posting onto the Platform directly, with all posts to be previewed by moderators and approved prior to each post;
5.5. notwithstanding section 12.1, suspend the user and prevent them from posting on the Platform for a period of time; and
5.6. permanently ban the user from using and accessing the Platform.
5.7. A decision by an administrator or a moderator is final and must not be discussed on the Platform.
PART B - SUPPLY OF THE PLATFORM
6.1. We reserve the right to modify or replace any part of the Conditions. We will attempt to inform you of any changes, but it remains your responsibility to check these Conditions periodically for changes. The latest version of these Conditions will always be accessible via [insert link here].
6.2. Your continued use of or access to the Platform following any changes to these Conditions constitutes acceptance of those changes. If you do not accept any of the amendments to the Conditions, you must terminate your account.
7. Platform availability
7.1. The functionality of this Platform may be updated over time. We grant you access to the Platform as it may exist and be available on any given day and we have no other obligations, except as expressly stated in these Conditions. Depending on the operational requirements over time, we may modify, replace, suspend or discontinue access to the Platform, partially or entirely. We will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with prior notice /of any such changes either through the Platform or by direct email communications to you. If you do not wish to accept any changes proposed by us, you must cease using the Platform and terminate your Platform account as outlined in these Conditions.
7.2. For the purposes of service messages and notices about the Platform, we may place a banner notice across various Platform sub-forums and webpages to alert you about significant changes to the status of the Platform. Platform administrators and moderators may also issue notices and alerts to your nominated email address. Please review your Platform account settings to manage the types of messages, notices and alerts you receive from us.
PART C - LIABILITY
8.1. We attempt to provide accurate and complete information obtained from reliable sources. However, we make no warranties or representations, express or implied, about any information or content found on or through the Platform.
8.2. You will not obtain rights to any content and information provided on the Platform (including all texts, graphics and logos) other than information that you have posted. You are entitled to view this content and information on the Platform, but you are not licensed to use those rights for your own purposes.
9. Disclosure of content
9.1. We may use and disclose content that we obtain from you (in our sole discretion), where we reasonably consider it necessary to do so in order to:
- comply with legal notices, subpoenas, court orders, governmental requests or other compulsory disclosures;
- enforce these Conditions;
- respond to claims of violation relating to third parties' rights;
- respond to complaints from other Platform users; or
- protect our rights, property, or personal safety of our employees or personnel, registered Platform users or any members of the public.
10. Liability and indemnity
10.1. Your use of the Platform is at your own risk. Nothing in these Conditions is intended to exclude or limit a user's rights or remedies under statute. Subject to those laws, and to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- the Platform is provided to you "as is" and on an "as available" basis;
- we are not responsible for any loss suffered in connection with the use of the Platform or any of its content. This includes, but is not limited to, the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the information contained on the Platform, or any errors or omissions in the content; and
- we do not guarantee that the Platform will be provided uninterrupted or error free and do not warrant that the Platform or its servers are free of computer viruses, bugs or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected.
10.2. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your content on or use of the Platform, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with such claim. Although we provide guidelines for conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on the Platform and are not responsible for the content users upload, transmit or share on or through the Platform. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise unacceptable content or information you may encounter on the Platform. We are not in any way responsible or liable for the conduct of any user of the Platform.
11. Links to third party websites
11.1. Content posted onto the Platform may contain links to other websites owned and operated by third parties that we are not affiliated with.
11.2. We do not own and have no control over these third party websites and we make no representations about the accuracy of any information contained on those websites. We are not liable for the content on those websites nor do we endorse such content.
12.Suspension and termination
12.1. We may suspend or terminate your account if you are in breach of any of the Conditions, or if we consider it is appropriate to do so.
You may terminate your Platform account with or without cause at any time by providing notice to us. You may provide notice of termination to us via the “contact us” functions on the Platform or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This notice will be effective upon our processing of your notice, within a reasonable timeframe.
12.2. In no circumstances will the Platform be used or leveraged to conduct commercial or sales-based transactions or recruitment. Any non-compliance with this requirement will result in your account being suspended or terminated by us.
12.3. In the event of termination, your account will be disabled, and you may not be granted access to your account or any files or other content contained in your content although residual copies of information may remain in our systems. A terminated account may continue to exist and archived in the Platform database for data integrity reasons.
13.1. Complaints and grievances regarding the Platform - Any complaints in relation to the use of the Platform should be submitted to us in accordance with the 'Complaints Policy and Procedure' accessible via this link.
13.2. Disputes and governing laws - use of the Platform and any disputes which may arise are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Any dispute about the Platform or its content is to be determined by the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
13.3. Severability - if any of the provisions of these Conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable, such a provision will be severed, and the remaining provisions will continue in force. Delay or failure by us to enforce a provision of these Conditions or any other right does not constitute a waiver of that provision or right.
Last updated: 28/01/2020